~/dnite.org

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The meaning behind the madness of 'The Title'...

I'm actually having a lot of fun here. I'm thinking of starting a couple more Blogs. I promise when I get situated here, the posts just talking about how wonderful this is will stop. I'm thinking of starting a new blog for my friends and my girlfriend. I don't know how much any of my friends will actually use it, but I'm sure Therese will update with her thoughts and we can just see if anyone else does.

Background time. A little bit about myself. I'm going to be 24 in three days. Yay! Damn I feel old. After you turn 21, all you have to look forward to is a discount on your insurance at 25. Other than that your just getting old. What else do I got for you? I'm a computer dork. Hm.. The title! I wasn't going to carry the title over from my LJ because it's been the same for so long, but I decided I like it. "What does it mean, Steve?" Good question. I used to work at Houlihan's in Oak Brook. Fun times. Pretty much everyone who worked there were really cool. But I was sitting down talking to one of my managers at the time and about how I like rain and I like storms and everything. He proceeded to tell me about how his grandmother used to predict storms when he was little. Some kind of old tale said that when the caterpillar is crossing the road, it meant a storm was coming. Now I don't know how much I really believe the story, but he said that more times then not, there was a storm coming. Seeing as though I could see the 'train wreck' a mile away when I decided to start a new blog, I thought I'd go ahead and keep the title to tell everyone that the storm is still coming. Ironiclly it really fits in a litteral sence here in Illinois, since we've been expecting rain for about a month now and really haven't gotten much of any. So there you have it. The explanation to my title. Hope you all feel very informed and enlightened. I shall write when I have updates about what I'll be doing with the new blogs. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home