~/dnite.org

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Upgrade Needed

You know, I never thought my computer was all that old. I mean, I'm pretty die-hard on having the latest and greatest technology and all, but I've had my computer for about 2 years and it's been doing me just fine. Until now that is. I've just downloaded and installed Quicktime 7 (preview 3) for Windows so I could try out some of the new HD quicktime movies and I can't run them for the life of me. I checked the minimum system requirements and I can play the 480p videos, but the 720p requires at least a dual 2.8GHz intel or faster with a gig of memory and 64MB of video RAM. I have one of the 2.8's. My computer is an Athlon XP 2800+ w/ 1.25GB ram and a Geforce 6800 Ultra OC. Not a terrible computer but when I get some extra money, I really need to upgrade that motherboard and CPU. I can't have this not being able to watch a video on my computer crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home